A.A.D.A.A Scholarship Program
Attached please find information and application forms for this year’s AMVETS Department of Michigan A.A.D.A.A. Scholarship Program. The theme for this year’s program is, “BE A WINNER, BE DRUG FREE.”
Please feel free to make as many copies of the enclosed materials as you need. PLEASE DO NOT ALTER THE CONTENTS OF THE APPLICATION FORM! All of the information requested on the application is essential to the operation of the committee. Any information that is missing or deleted from the enclosed application form will render the application incomplete and the entry will be disqualified. In addition, only those entries using the current application form will be accepted by the committee. Use of an out-dated application form will result in the entry being likewise disqualified.
Please also remember to inform our own youth about this scholarship opportunity. If your Post has a Junior AMVETS unit, please consider sponsoring their members in this program. In addition, please invite your own members to have their children and/or grandchildren to likewise participate in this program, and then sponsor their entries. Remember, this program is for the youth of our communities, and our work should appropriately begin with our own!
If you have any questions or would like further information, please feel free to contact me at 53657 Kristin Ct., Shelby Twp., MI 48316-2239, call at 248-651-7362, or to e-mail me at email@example.com. Please indicate that your subject is A.A.D.A.A.; I don’t normally open e-mail if I don’t know the sender. I would be happy to assist you in any way possible. Thank you in advance for your efforts to make this year’s program an outstanding service to our communities and, most especially, to the youth of Michigan!
2013-2014 A.A.D.A.A. SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
(AMVETS AGAINST DRUG AND ALCOHOL ABUSE)
2013-2014 theme: “BE A WINNER, BE DRUG FREE.”
This Scholarship Program is open to all school-age children divided into these four grade groupings:
K – 2, 3 – 5, 6 – 8, and 9 – 12
Entries may be done as a class project, but the work MUST be original and MUST be done completely by the individual student. Each entry must be accompanied by an official entry application form. An individual student may only submit one entry each school year.
GRADES ELIGIBLE WORK STATE SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
1st Place 2nd Place 3rd Place
K –2 poster $20 $15 $10
3 – 5 poster $20 $15 $10
6 – 8 story or poem $30 $20 $15
9 – 12 story or poem $30 $20 $15
Place winners will receive a certificate stating their specific place in addition to their scholarship award. All State Scholarship Awards will be in the form of a check, thus allowing the recipients flexibility in the manner that it will be invested.
- All works must be accompanied by a completed entry form. Incomplete entry forms may result in the disqualification of the entry.
- Be sure to review the information from National AMVETS for additional guidelines.
2013-2014 A.A.D.A.A. SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
1.The 2013-2014 A.A.D.A.A. DEADLINES:
Friday, May 2, 2014 – recommended that student entries be due to locals for judging.
Wednesday, May 28, 2014 – local entries must be postmarked by this date for mailing to the State Implementation Team for judging (see #2 below).
Friday, June 20, 2014 – state entries are due at National for judging.
2. Local AMVETS Post, Auxiliaries, Sons of AMVETS, and Jr. AMVETS must submit their entries no later than May 28, 2014 to A.A.D.A.A. Scholarship Program, c/o Ronald J. Koscierzynski, 53657 Kristin Ct., Shelby Twp., MI 48316-2239. Entries may be either hand delivered or mailed if clearly postmarked no later than May 28, 2014.
3. The State A.A.D.A.A. Implementation Team will accept the first and second place entries from each grade category from local posts, auxiliaries, and/or squadrons. (Place first and second from grades K-2, place first and second from grades 3-5, place first and second from grades 6-8, and place first and second from grades 9-12 may be submitted by a local post, auxiliary, and/or squadron.) Each entry must be accompanied by a current and complete entry form and clearly marked as to their grade category.
4. The State A.A.D.A.A. Implementation Team will engage several judges who will determine the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners for each grade category. All judging will be completed and winners declared no later than June 13, 2014.
5. State winners will be notified in writing and/or by telephone by the State A.A.D.A.A. Implementation Team. Representatives from the Posts that sponsored the winners will likewise be notified. Scholarship awards and certificates may be mailed to the winners at their home address by the State A.A.D.A.A. Implementation Team.
6. First place state winners in each grade category will be submitted to the National A.A.D.A.A. Committee for a national level program with scholarship awards as designated by the National Committee.